The NormaTec Recovery System is an air pressure massager intended to temporarily relieve minor muscle aches and/or pains, and to temporarily increase circulation to the treated areas. Partnering up with USA Triathlon, USA Cycling, and many professional sports teams, NormaTec Recovery Systems have become part of the daily routine to help elite athletes recover faster from workouts and speed up injury rehabilitation.
The benefits of the NormaTec Recovery System are very similar to that of massage:
- Reduces recovery times after workouts
- Improves joint movements and flexibility
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Increases circulation to the area, which also speeds up healing time
- Promotes tissue regeneration
Sequential Pulse Technology is based on normal physiology, and it synergistically combines three distinctive massage techniques to speed the body’s normal recovery process.
1) Pulsing: Instead of using static compression (squeezing) to transport fluid out of the limbs, Sequential Pulse Technology uses dynamic compression (pulsing). Our patented pulsing action more effectively mimics the muscle pump of the legs and arms, greatly enhancing the movement of fluid and metabolites out of the limbs after an intense workout.
2) Gradients: Veins and lymphatic vessels have one-way valves that prevent backflow of fluid. Similarly, Sequential Pulse Technology utilizes gradient hold pressures to keep your body’s fluids from being forced down toward your feet by the pulsing action in proximal zones. Because of this enhancement, Sequential Pulse Technology can deliver maximum pressure throughout the entire limb and the effectiveness of the pulsing action is not diminished near the top of the limb.
3) Distal release: Because extended static pressure can be detrimental to the body’s normal circulatory flow, Sequential Pulse Technology releases the hold pressures once they are no longer needed to prevent backflow. By releasing the hold pressure in each zone as soon as possible, each portion of the limb gains maximal rest time without a significant pause between compression cycles.
While a healthy athlete’s body eventually will recover from an intense workout, using the Sequential Pulse Technology found only in a NormaTec Recovery System for just 20 minutes can speed recovery.