Natural Back Pain Treatment with Our Chiropractor Staff in the Fairborn, Bellbrook, Miamisburg, and Dayton Area
According to the World Health Organization, lower back pain is one of the top 10 health conditions across the globe and has a lifetime prevalence of as much as 70%. This means 7 out of 10 people will experience an episode of back pain at least once! At Integrative Health and Sports Performance, our chiropractor team works with people every day struggling with this common and broad condition. If you live near the Fairborn, Miamisburg, Bellbrook, or Dayton area and are currently living with back pain, we encourage you to connect with us for help.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Back pain—which is often accompanied by other signs and symptoms including stiffness and arm or leg pain, numbness, and weakness—can come on due to a number of conditions.
Common conditions that induce back pain include:
- Osteoarthritis - joint inflammation
- Degenerative disc disease - wearing down and thinning of the discs between vertebral bones
- Disc herniation or bulge - a rupture or protrusion of a disc
- Muscle spasm or ligament sprain - connective tissue injury leading to inflammation and microscopic tears in the fibers
- Fibromyalgia - widespread pain and chronic fatigue, likely due to nervous system-mediated pain signaling
- Joint subluxation - misalignment of a vertebral joint
- Pinched spinal nerve - compression of a nerve root near the spine, often due to an injured disc or misaligned joint
Risk Factors for Back Pain
If you have back pain, there may be an obvious reason or a combination of factors.
Here are some of the most common causes of back pain:
- Acute accidents (auto accident, slip, and fall, sports injury)
- Repetitive lifting, twisting or bending
- Poor posture
- Frequent sitting
- Physically demanding occupation
Sometimes, however, it's not clear what's causing your back pain. Fortunately, these so-called "idiopathic" cases of back pain can and do respond positively to conservative and holistic care techniques, including those we provide at our Ohio chiropractic clinics.
How a Chiropractor Can Manage and Prevent Back Pain
So many different natural techniques are available to you for your back pain—we encourage you to explore them with one of our chiropractors before seeking more invasive help! Our techniques are individually implemented with the goal of reducing inflammation and pain, improving tissue health, and restoring strength, endurance, alignment, and overall function of your spine.
We do this through a variety of research-supported techniques, including:
- Active Release Technique
- Nutritional counseling
- Massage therapy
- Chiropractic adjustments
- ...and more!
Non-invasive and drug-free, our services are safe for people of all ages.
Is Your Back in Pain?
Put a natural end to your dysfunction. Contact Sugarcreek Chiropractic at 937-848-8500 to schedule an appointment with a chiropractor in your area. We serve in Fairborn, Bellbrook, Miamisburg, and the Dayton area!