Experience Quality Neck Pain Treatment in the Greater Dayton Area
Most of us experience a bit of neck pain from time to time—maybe we slept funny, were looking down at our phones for too long, got in a car accident, or simply have been feeling stressed out. No matter what the cause or symptoms of your neck pain, at Integrative Health + Sports Performance, our team of chiropractors serving the Fairborn, Bellbrook, Miamisburg, and Dayton areas can help you find natural relief.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
Neck pain (along with other symptoms including neck stiffness; arm pain, numbness, and stiffness; and headaches and jaw pain) often occurs due to the following incidents or underlying health conditions:
- Poor Posture: Constantly looking down at digital devices can strain the tissues in your spine. When this happens, a person can be said to have tech neck (aka text neck); other poor posture scenarios include frequent and repetitive overhead movement or poor posture during athletic or work activities.
- Whiplash: This is a common injury following an auto accident. If your neck rapidly bends forward and backward, then inflammation, tissue strain, and joint misalignments can occur. Because of the surge of pain-masking stress hormones during the accident, whiplash symptoms may not show up right away (all the more reason to see a chiropractor ASAP following a car crash—so you can receive earlier treatment).
- Cervical Radiculopathy: Neck pain along with arm pain is often due to compression of a cervical nerve root. If left untreated, weakness and abnormal reflexes can begin to occur in the arm.
- Disc Injury: Spinal discs are soft structures that improve mobility and shock absorption in the spine. Over time, these discs can degrade and wear down from stress and aging (degenerative disc disease), or in some cases rupture and leak (herniate) or protrude out of place (bulge). Any scenario can lead to compression of nearby nerves and tissues.
How to Prevent Neck Pain
Here are a few ways you can avoid neck pain:
- Improve your posture and workplace ergonomics.
- Warm up properly before physical activity.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach.
- Consult with a chiropractor! We can alleviate your pain with services like massage, nutritional counseling, and chiropractic adjustments. We can also help you prevent pain by educating you about ergonomics, teaching you spine and core stabilizing exercises, and more.
Is Your Neck Sore and Stiff? Our Chiropractors Can Help
Integrative Heath + Sports Performance is your place to go for natural neck pain care in the Miamisburg, Bellbrook, Fairborn, and Dayton areas. If you're struggling with cervical pain and dysfunction, schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors by calling [PHONE} today.